At least five people lost their lives while saving a calf, which fell into a well in UP's Gonda. The reason of their deaths is poisonous gas inside the well. Incident took place when a man went inside the well to save a calf, he saved the calf from the well but due to poisonous gas he fell unconscious. When other people went into the well to save him, they also fell unconscious and drowned. Four men from a same family and one person from their neighbouhood died. Police is investigating the matter.