Here are the top headlines of the day:
1. Opposition causes disruption in parliament, interrupts PM Modi's speech as he introduces new ministers
Defence Minister rubbishes this unhealthy behaviour.
2. Centre refutes using Pegasus to snoop on journalists
Many publications, including The Wire, reported that names of many journalists, ministers, and prominent personalities in India have been found on a database of targets for hacking that used Israeli spyware 'Pegasus' - only available to governments. Government denies these allegations.
3. Plea in SC over Kerala Govt lifting COVID-19 curbs for Eid al-Adha
The Supreme court hears a plea on Kerala Govt lifting curbs for Eid al-Adha.
4. Congress struggles to stay united as Sidhu takes a new position
Amid the rising infighting within the Punjab Congress, former minister Navjot Singh Sidhu has been appointed as the Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee chief.
5. Farmers' ready to intensify protest
Farmer leaders to protest outside Parliament. The Delhi police held the first round of talks with agitating farmers sitting at the Singhu border, ahead of that planned protest near the Parliament building.
6. Trouble mounts for Bengal govt
Tribals are living under the shadow of fear.
7. Heavy rains cause waterlogging, local train services disrupted
Heavy showers lash metropolitan cities like Mumbai and Delhi.