At least five people died and five others were injured after a massive fire broke out at a hotel in Lucknow.
The hotel building was completely gutted in the blaze. The fire broke out at the Virat Hotel.
Preliminary reports suggest that a cooking gas leak in the hotel's kitchen may have been the cause of the fire.
Videos and images shared on social media showed a massive uncontainable blaze destroying the building.
One user on Twitter said that those killed included a woman and a child (IndiaToday.in was not able to independently confirm the information).
Kirandeep (@raydeep) June 19, 2018