The teaser of Shankar's magnum opus, 2.0 is yet-to-be-released, but the film started earning crores for its makers, Lyca Productions. The sci-fi thriller, a sequel to the 2010 blockbuster, Enthiran stars Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar and Amy Jackson. 2.0 is touted to be the costliest Indian film till date as the makers have reportedly made the film for a whopping amount of Rs. 450 crore.
However, the film started minting money for its makers as the satellite rights of 2.0 have already sold for a record price to Zee TV. The Tamil, Telugu, Hindi satellite rights of Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar starrer have been sold for Rs. 110 crore to Zee Tv.
Raju Mahalingam, the Creative Head of Lyca Productions took to his Facebook page to confirm the news.
Pic: Raju Mahalingam's Facebook post
- 1971 Beyond Borders : Telugu dubbed version of Mohanlal, Major Ravi film titled 1971 Bharatha Sarihaddu
- Mohanlal's Oppam can't compete for National awards thanks to director Priyadarshan
- Baahubali 2 : The boy he raised. The man he killed, reveals in the new poster featuring Kattappa
- Malayalam actor Prithviraj Sukumaran praises Akshay Kumar, appreciates his guts to back Naam Shabana
- Kerala Box Office : Mohanlal's Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol completes 50 days, the actor's fifth Rs.50 crore blockbuster