Here is a disappointing news for the fans of Tamil actor Rajinikanth and Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar. The release date of Shankar's most awaited film, 2.0 has been postponed to a different date. Produced by Lyca Productions for a whopping budget of Rs. 450 crore, the film, a sequel to the 2010 blockbuster Enthiran was earlier scheduled to release on the auspicious occasion of Diwali 2017.
On Friday evening, Raju Mahalingam, the Creative Head at Lyca Productions had stated that the main reason to postpone the release date of 2.0 is to achieve world class standards in VFX works. He also revealed the new release date of 2.0 as 25 Jan 2018.
Raju Mahalingam took to his Facebook page to share the update;
"Director Shankar's most ambitious project, Robot 2.0, now shifts to 25 Jan 2018. Film moves from earlier Diwali release to achieve world class standards in VFX."
2.0 stars Amy Jackson in the female lead.
- Regret to have made hurtful comments: 'Baahubali' actor Sathyaraj
- 'In Kerala, 'Baahubali' widened market for non-Malayalam films'
- Baahubali: The Conclusion set for a grand premiere
- 'Baahubali' saga: Tamannah finds Rana Daggubati fashionable
- 'Baahubali 2' team off to Dubai to promote film