After releasing the Telugu dubbed versions of Mohanlal's Malayalam films Oppam and Pulimurugan, the makers of actor's upcoming film 1971 Beyond Borders have announced the Telugu title of the film. Directed by Major Ravi and produced by Haneef Mohammed, the film marks the fifth collaboration of Mohanlal and director Major Ravi. The action-thriller is set in two time periods and depicts the story of India – Pakistan war of 1971.
The title of the film is Bharatha Sarihaddu. The announcement came as a surprise for the Mohanlal fans as the trailer of the film is yet-to-be-released. Earlier, the actor's Telugu releases Manyam Puli and Kanupapa released after the theatrical success of its original versions Pulimurugan and Oppam respectively. Both the films turned out to be successful at Tollywood Box Office.
1971 Beyond Borders has Asha Sharath as the female lead. The film also marks the Malayalam debut of Telugu actor Allu Sirish and Bollywood actor Arunodhay Singh. The film also stars Renji Panicker, Sudheer Karamana, Saiju Kurup, Krishna Kumar, Manikuttan, Padmaraj Ratheesh, Priyanka Agarwal and Zoya Zayed Khan.
Both the Malayalam and Telugu versions are scheduled to release simultaneously on April 7.
- Mohanlal's Oppam can't compete for National awards thanks to director Priyadarshan
- Baahubali 2 : The boy he raised. The man he killed, reveals in the new poster featuring Kattappa
- Malayalam actor Prithviraj Sukumaran praises Akshay Kumar, appreciates his guts to back Naam Shabana
- Kerala Box Office : Mohanlal's Munthirivallikal Thalirkkumbol completes 50 days, the actor's fifth Rs.50 crore blockbuster
- It's Vietnam for Mahesh Babu's next film