Man or a woman, a lustrous mane spells a lot about their health. Having long and strong hair is every ones wish and yes there are numerous products in the market which help you get there in some days. But it is equally important to nourish your hair internally.
The very first step to be taken for getting the best quality of hair is to include the following food items in your food lists right away.
- Spinach- Spinach is packed up with nutrients like vitamin A, beta carotene, folate, vitamin C and iron. No wonder they work for maintaining good scalp and improve hair quality.
- Guava-A super fruit, guava is locally available everywhere. It is full of vitamin C, which protects the hair from being brittle.
- Sweet Potatoes-Sweet potatoes are loaded with beta carotene. Our body converts beta carotene to Vitamin A. Your dry and dull hair turns beautiful by eating this simple tuber regularly.
- Eggs- Eggs are rich in Vitamin B called biotin which helps for hair growth. Eggs nourish your hair internally.
- Lentils- Folic acid is needed for the body to bring back the health of red blood cells. These red blood cells improve oxygen supply to scalp. Eating plenty of lentils will result in ample folic acid in the body, leading to long lustrous hair.
- Amla- Native fruit to India, gooseberry is attributed to the health of hair from generations.
- Almonds- Indians use almond oil for oiling hair. Internally almonds provide magnesium to the body which helps in growing healthy hair.
- Walnuts-Omega 3 fatty acids in walnuts help grow hair well. Two walnuts a day creates magic with your hair.
- Carrots-Carrot prevent hair loss, it helps hair grow faster and also aid in getting thick hair.
- Flax Seeds and Sunflower Seeds-These seeds are rich in zinc, protein, potassium, selenium, biotin, iron, copper, vitamin E, Vitamin B, Magnesium and Calcium.
This article was originally published on Practo Health Feed by Dr. Geetanjali, Dietitian/Nutritionist
More articles from Practo Health Feed