1 Year Of Blockbuster Theri : Ilayathalapathy Vijay starrer trends worldwide
Tamil actor Ilayathalapathy Vijay's 2016 blockbuster, Theri completed 1 year on 15 April. The film, directed by Atlee and produced by Kabali maker Kalaipuli S Thanu also starred Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Amy Jackson. Theri also marks the acting debut of Meena's daughter Baby Nainika.
The Atlee-directorial action-thriller was released on 14 April last year, on the occasion of Tamil New Year. On its opening weekend, Theri had minted Rs. 4 crore to see the highest four-day opening weekend in Chennai, later surpassed by Rajinikanth film Kabali.
Theri is also the second fastest Rs.100 crore Tamil grosser after the Thalaivar blockbuster. The Vijay film was a huge hit in Kerala as well by raking in nearly Rs. 19 crore to become the top Non-Malayalam grosser of 2016 at the Kerala Box Office.
Vijay's character's name in Theri was also Vijay and is his 9th film to have his real name as his character's name. By the end of its theatrical release, Theri had collected Rs.175 crore at the Box Office to become the 6th all-time Tamil grosser after Kabali, Enthiran, I, Vishwaroopam and Thuppakki.
Meanwhile, Ilayathalapathy fans are trending the film on Twitter with many hashtags including #1YearOfBlockbusterTheri and #1YearOfTheriStorm.
- My opinion is the voice of whole India, don't argue with me, AR Murugadoss slams Priyadarshan
- Begum Jaan movie review: Too much masala, very little taste
- Aftermath movie review: Arnold Schwarzenegger acts his heart out but it isn't enough
- IT'S HERE! 2017 Cannes Film Festival lineup announced
- The Fate of the Furious movie review: A tired franchise running out of fuel