- PM praises tackling of cyclone Phailin, not Uttarakhand floodsIANS-Mon 28 Oct, 2013
New Delhi, Oct 28 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday praised the tackling of Cyclone Phailin by the Odisha and Andhra Pradesh governments and disaster management agencies but said there were "important lessons to be learnt" from the Uttarakhand rain-flood tragedy that left hundreds dead and many missing.
- Kudankulam, defence, energy top Manmohan-Putin talks IANS-Mon 21 Oct, 2013
Moscow, Oct 21 (IANS) India and Russia Monday marked a very special phase in their close ties as the first Russian-built reactor in Tamil Nadu's Kudankulam was connected to the electricity grid in south India and poised to produce electricity while a commercial deal for the third and fourth reactors are near complete.
- Amid gloom and doom, Odisha shows 'can do' spirit IANS-Sat 19 Oct, 2013
At a time when the daily perusal of Indian newspapers can be a disheartening experience because of the reports of rapes, riots, sleaze and the sliding rupee, the remarkable performance of the Odisha government in staving off the challenge posed by Cyclone Phailin on the country's eastern coastline stands out in shining contrast.
- Orissa faces post Phailin nightmareMail Today-Mon 14 Oct, 2013
Careful planning minimised casualties. NIGHTMARE: Big relief task ahead after cyclone strike.
- UP announces compensation for Uttarakhand flood victimsIANS-Thu 3 Oct, 2013
Lucknow, Oct 3 (IANS) The Uttar Pradesh government Thursday declared a compensation of Rs.two lakh for the kin of each state resident who died in the June 16 floods in Uttarakhand, an official said.
- Reliance adopts 3 schools in flood-hit UttarakhandHindustan Times-Sat 28 Sep, 2013
GUPTKASHI, Sept. 28 -- Diksha Shukla, a class 10 student in a government school at Lawara village in flood-hit Rudraprayag district, has reasons to smile. Her school has a functional toilet, constructed by Reliance Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Reliance Industries.Reliance Foundation has adopted this government school, apart from two others in Rudraprayag district. When Nita Ambani, chairperson of the foundation and wife of Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani, came to Lawara on Thursday, she was flooded with demands for things such as a computer lab, gymnasium and girl toilets. ...
- Nita Ambani distributes aid to students in flood-hit UttarakhandANI-Fri 27 Sep, 2013
Rudraprayag (Uttarakhand), Sept.27 (ANI): Nita Ambani, the wife of Reliance Industries owner Mukesh Ambani, distributed aid and study material to students in flood-hit Uttarakhand on Friday.
- Uttarakhand relief cheques are peanutsMail Today-Thu 26 Sep, 2013
Flood victims get as little as Rs 150 compensation for cattle and property losses
- BJP protests against Uttarakhand relief operation lapses ANI-Fri 20 Sep, 2013
Dehradun (Uttarakhand), Sept.20 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) activists have raised objections over alleged irregularities in salvage operations and distribution of relief materials in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand.
- Virbhadra struggling to restore Himachal's economy IANS-Fri 13 Sep, 2013
Shimla, Sep 13 (IANS) Just eight-months-old, the Virbhadra Singh-led government has been struggling to bring Himachal Pradesh's derailed economy - largely dependent on tourism, horticulture and hydropower - back on track.