- Greenpeace to observe a month of Japanese tsunami Indo Asian News Service - IANS - Mon 11 Apr, 2011
New Delhi, April 11 (IANS) A candlelight vigil will be held Monday at India Gate in the city to mark one month of the earthquake-tsunami catastrophe that hit Japan.
- Japan's nuclear refugees confused by policy shifts ERIC TALMADGE - Associated Press - AP - Mon 11 Apr, 2011
- Tsunami warning lifted in quake-hit Japan Indo Asian News Service - IANS - Mon 11 Apr, 2011
Tokyo, April 11 (IANS) A tsunami alert that was sounded after a magnitude-7.1 quake jolted Japan Monday evening was later lifted as the magnitude was revised to 7.0, the Japan Meteorological Agency said. There have been no immediate reports of damage or casualties.
- Serbians rally to show support to quake-hit Japanese Indo Asian News Service - IANS - Mon 11 Apr, 2011
Belgrade, April 11 (IANS) Over 3,000 Serbians participated in a rally to express their support to the Japanese people who have been struggling with the consequences of devastating earthquake and tsunami for a month.
- Japanese protest against country's nuclear industry Indo Asian News Service - IANS - Sun 10 Apr, 2011
Tokyo, April 10 (IANS/Ria Novosti) Thousands of Japanese took to the streets Sunday to protest against the country's nuclear power industry after a devastating earthquake caused a meltdown at the Fukushima nuclear plant.
- Back to work, with quake nightmares frozen in mind Pradipta Tapadar - IANS - Sun 10 Apr, 2011
Kolkata, April 10 (IANS) Chilling scenes of the homeless stranded on the streets fearing nuclear radiation still haunt Shoji Shiba, the Japanese professor who survived the twin disaster of the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that struck his country.
Japan Tsunami Photos
Visitors offer prayers in front of the main entrance of Okawa Elementary School where 74 of the 108 students went missing after the March 11, 2011 tsunami in Ishinomaki, Miyagi prefecture, northern Japan, Tuesday, March 11, 2014. Japan on Tuesday marks the third anniversary of the March 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami that killed 15,884 people and left more than 2,600 unaccounted for in vast areas of its northern coast. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)