Highlights of the Delhi budget for 2012-13 presented Monday by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit:
- Scholarships for students belonging to th Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes(ST), other backward classes (OBCs) and the minorities.
- Free text books and cash subsidy for school uniforms ranging between Rs.500-900.
- Food subsidy for two lakh vulnerable households.
- Loans up to Rs.5 lakh for entrepreneurs from SC/ST/OBC and the minorities.
- 2,900 new hospital beds to be added.
- Monthly aid of Rs.1,000 for the HIV-affected poor and Rs.2,050 for orphans.
- Delhi Transport Corp to get 600 new buses.