On 28th March, I reached Mumbai from New Delhi (via Bhubaneshwar, Kolkata and Jaipur). I was supposed to reach Bangalore from Bhubaneshwar around March 15. The reason for my cross-country railway marathon? Trying to, or rather having the vast courage to, book my railway tickets online from IRCTC. If you are an agent making a living from overcharging tourists, stop reading NOW. And if you don't want to read this long, heart-rending post, a few quick bites before you go away:
- 6,111 agents have been blacklisted by IRCTC
- Of them, 4,310 were using multiple user IDs
- 1,005 have been claiming fraudulent TDRs
- 2 super-thug agents from Mumbai have been banned by the Railway Ministry
- Problems related to IRCTC are discussed daily on Consumer Forum sites, Grahak Seva, Cleartrip Forum, National Consumer Complaint Forum, apart from loads of blogs
- A friend Tweeted, 'Rajnikanth is faster than Intel Processors, but IRCTC can hang Rajnikanth'
I had gone to Orissa onRead More »from IRCTC Bookings : The Daily Circus