From December 1, 2012, all train passengers with reservations will have to carry a valid photo identity proof. ID cards will be needed if you are travelling on Reserved Second Class(2S), Sleeper Class(SL), III Economy Class(3E) and First Class(FC).
The move is seen as a step by the Railways Ministry to facilitate the travel of only legitimate passengers and to reduce scope of misuse of reserved ticketing system as well as for general security reasons.
The Press release issued by the Railways Ministry says, "Any one of the passengers booked on a PNR for undertaking journey in any reserved class has to produce any one of the above mentioned prescribed proofs of identity in original during the journey failing which all the passengers booked on that ticket will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly. The existing provision of the Tatkal scheme where the passenger is required to show the same original proof of identity as indicated on the ticket shall continue".
The ministry has also decided to expand the list of acceptable ID proof. The list for Tatkal ticket and other reserved classes will now be as follows:
1) Voter Photo identity card issued by Election Commission of India.
3) PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
4) Driving Licence issued by RTO.
5) Photo identity card having serial number issued by Central/State Government which include the following:
-Pension Pay Order s(PPO)
-Ration Card with photographs
-Senior Citizen cards
-Below Poverty Line (BPL) cards
-ESI cards (with photograph) issued for taking treatment in ESI dispensaries.
-CGHS Cards (with photograph) issued to individual family members of Central Govt. employees.
6) Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/College for their students.
7) Nationalized Bank Passbook with photographs.
8) Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph.
9) Unique Identification Card "Aadhaar".
10) Photo identity cards having serial number issued by Public Sector Undertakings of State/Central Government, District Administrations, Municipal bodies and Panchayat Administrations.
Currently, only passengers travelling with ID proofs are those with e tickets, Tatkal tickets or the AC classes (except in III Economy -3E class).
New Delhi, May 23 -- Fixing is so rife in the domestic T20 league that players on opposing sides in one match were on different bookies' payrolls, a high-level police source said on Wednesday. This led to a situation that would have been funny if it hadn't been so scandalous: batsmen on each side had cut deals with bookies to lose the game. The side batting first notched up a meagre total that it fully expected would ensure defeat. But the team batting second outdid their rivals by makingeven