Beijing, June 20 (IANS) The first summit between President Xi Jingping and his US counterpart Barack Obama held earlier this month proved very successful, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Wednesday.
Yahoo! News India
- Mamata accuses media house of planning to murder her IANS
Kolkata, June 19 (IANS) In the wake of a noisy protest she faced while visiting a gang-rape-murder victim, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Wednesday … More »
- Duo plead not guilty to murdering Indian in New Zealand IANS
Wellington, June 19 (IANS) Two men accused of murdering an Indian-origin man in New Zealand in January have pleaded not guilty and are now headed for trial. … More »
- Congress ministers reject mooted Telangana package IANS
Hyderabad, June 19 (IANS) Andhra Pradesh ministers from Telangana have rejected the proposed package for the region, saying only a separate state of Telangna would … More »
- Supported Nitish to keep communal BJP at bay: Congress IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) The Congress Wednesday said it supported the Janata Dal-United government in Bihar to "keep communal BJP at bay", and endorsed Prime … More »
- Court stays ban on advertisements on auto-rickshaws IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday suspended the government's order to prohibit auto-rickshaw drivers from displaying advertisements and … More »
- Rihanna disappoints fans IANS
London, June 20 (IANS) Pop star Rihanna left her fans upset after she reportedly turned up late by two hours for a gig in Birmingham. Her fans are said to have accused her of drugs.
- Sri Lanka are a dangerous side: Dhoni IANS
Cardiff, June 19 (IANS) India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni said Wednesday that Sri Lanka were a dangerous side and it was not possible to focus only on their two frontline batsmen " Mahela Jayawardene or a Kumar Sangakkara" during the semi-final of the ICC Champions Trophy slated for Thursday.
- One killed, 150 injured in China restaurant blasts IANS
Beijing, June 19 (IANS) A series of blasts ripped through a restaurant in China's Shanxi province Wednesday night, killing one person and injuring over 150 others, officials said.
- Two killed in shooting at Slovenia kindergarten IANS
Ljubljana (Slovenia), June 19 (IANS) In probably the first of its kind incident in Slovenia, a woman employee at a kindergarten was shot dead Wednesday by a man who later committed suicide, media reports said. No children were injured in the incident.
- China holds talks with North Korea IANS
Beijing, June 19 (IANS) China and North Korea Wednesday held a "strategic dialogue" on denuclearisation on the Korean Peninsula.
- 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' not a sports film: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra IANS
Mumbai, June 19 (IANS) Producer-director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, who is all set to release his film, "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag", based on the life of former athlete Milkha Singh, said that the film was not based on sports and could have been on anybody in an endeavour to show the human spirit.
- Sonia surveys flood-hit Uttarakhand, seeks quick relief for victims IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who conducted an aerial survey of the flood-affected areas of Uttarakhand along with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Wednesday, sought quick relief for stranded people, a party statement said.
- Champions Trophy scoreboard: England vs South Africa, Semi-final IANS
London, June 19 (IANS) The following is the scoreboard of the Champions Trophy semi-final between England and South Africa at The Oval here Wednesday.
- Rahul Gandhi's 43rd birthday celebrated outside Congress headquarters IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) Celebrations by Delhi Congress workers and members of the Youth Congress marked the 43rd birthday celebrations of party vice president Rahul Gandhi, who wanted it to be a low key affair, party sources said Wednesday.
- Kharge takes charge as railway minister IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) Newly-appointed Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge took charge of his portfolio Wednesday, a statement said.
- Swollen Yamuna claims one life, 5,000 evacuated IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) A man drowned in the Yamuna river while bathing near its bank, while 5,000 people were evacuated from inundated low-lying areas along the banks Wednesday as water rose to an unprecedented 207.20 metres, the highest since 1978, a Delhi government official said.
- 'Bhaag Milka Bhaag' not banned in Pakistan: Mehra IANS
Mumbai, June 19 (IANS) "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" director-producer Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra Wednesday rubbished rumours of the film being banned in Pakistan, saying on the contrary, they had got three different offers from there and also an invite to the entire cast and crew.
- Obama proposes further US, Russian nuclear arms cut IANS
Washington, June 19 (IANS) US President Barack Obama, currently on an official visit to Berlin, Wednesday proposed plans for America and Russia to further cut their strategic nuclear warheads.
- Dikshit announces Rs.10 crore for Uttarakhand IANS
New Delhi, June 19 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Wednesday announced Rs. 10 crore for those affected in the devastating floods in Uttarakhand.
- CBI to access chopper deal recordings Hindustan Times
- Familiarity does not breed contempt for India Hindustan Times
- CBI registers FIR against Delhi firm in coal block scam Hindustan Times
- Govt can't fight nature but we'll extend all help to victims: CM Hindustan Times
- 'Even talking to district magistrate didn't help' Hindustan Times
- Man's greed triggered tragedy Hindustan Times
- Chatterjee can't function as tennis association CEO: HC Hindustan Times
- Barasat rapists to be hanged in a month, says Mamata Hindustan Times
- Kolkata panchayat polls may be postponed Hindustan Times
- BCCI officials struggling to convince Srini Hindustan Times
- Join poll process, PM to tell valley outfits Hindustan Times
- 15 policemen missing Hindustan Times
- City robbers swap your jewellery for gold loans Hindustan Times
- 'Didn't know rains could cause such a disaster' Hindustan Times
- Clint Thomas - Full Throttle
Road Test and Review: Ford EcoSportWed 15 May, 2013
Follow Us on Facebook
- Cricket: We choked, admits South Africa's coach1 hour 23 minutes ago
- BlackBerry shares fall as analyst downgrades stock ahead of earnings1 hour 54 minutes ago
- Cyber threats and leaks spur increased security focus1 hour 55 minutes ago
- News Corp spinoffs start preliminary trading3 hours ago