REUTERS - Canadian Graham DeLaet succumbed to the infamous 'Horrible Horseshoe' but rebounded with two closing birdies to move into an early one-shot lead in Friday's second round of the Crowne Plaza Invitational in Fort Worth, Texas. In pursuit of his first PGA Tour victory, the 31-year-old from Saskatchewan put a welcome smile back on his face as he carded a three-under-par 67 in overcast conditions at Colonial Country Club to post a nine-under total of 131. ...
Yahoo! News India
Best of Videos
- President Pranab concerned over disruptions in legislatures IANS
President Pranab Mukherjee Friday expressed concern over repeated disruptions in parliament and state legislatures. More »
- Anti-Sikh riot case: Court reserves order on Sajjan Kumar's plea IANS
The Delhi High Court Friday reserved its verdict on Congress leader Sajjan Kumar's plea challenging a trial court order to frame charges against him in a 1984 More »
- Koda surrenders after week-long bail, sent to judicial custody IANS
Ranchi, May 24 (IANS) Former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, allegedly at the centre of a Rs.2,500 crore money laundering scam, surrendered in a court here More »
- BJP demands Sheila's resignation after Lokayukta charge IANS
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Delhi unit Friday staged a sit-in protest near Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit's official residence here, More »
- US drone strikes violate sovereignty, says Pakistan IANS
Islamabad, May 24 (IANS) Pakistani government Friday reiterated its opposition to US drone strikes on its territory, saying the strikes were "counter-productive" More »
- Averse to frisking, Meira Kumar shoots down Ukraine visit Hindustan Times
India, May 24 -- Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar shot down a bilateral meet at Kiev after Ukraine refused to exempt her and accompanying six MPs from More »
- Donald bemoans 'terrible' display as he exits PGA Reuters
By Tony Jimenez VIRGINIA WATER (Reuters) - Luke Donald, the PGA Championship winner in 2011 and 2012, missed the cut after returning a level-par 72 for a six-over total of 150 at Wentworth on Friday. The real damage was done in Thursday's opening round when the world number six collapsed to a six-over 78 in cold, damp conditions at the European Tour's flagship event. The weather was no better for the second round and Donald suffered an early blow when he took a double-bogey five at the second. ...
- Preview: Indy 500's elite club may welcome new member Reuters
By Steve Keating INDIANAPOLIS (Reuters) - Four-time Indianapolis 500 winners A.J. Foyt, Al Unser and Rick Mears grace the cover of the souvenir program for the 'Greatest Spectacle in Racing' like a trio of senior GQ models. The race's only four-time winners form an exclusive but aging club that has not welcomed a new member since Mears claimed his fourth Indy 500 win in 1991. The fraternity, however, could welcome some young blood on Sunday if 40-year-old defending champion Dario Franchitti of Britain or Brazilian Helio Castroneves, 38, can steer their way to Victory Lane. ...
- Oklahoma singer Shelton to headline May 29 tornado relief benefit Reuters
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oklahoma country singer Blake Shelton said on Friday that he will headline a concert to benefit the victims of the Oklahoma tornado that swept through the city of Moore earlier this week, leaving 24 dead and thousands homeless. Shelton, a native of Ada, Oklahoma, which is 75 miles (120 km) northwest of Moore, said the "Healing in the Heartland: Relief Benefit Concert" will be held on May 29 at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, and will be televised live at 9 p.m. EDT on NBC. ...
- Bail denied to Massachusetts teen accused of Facebook terror post Reuters
By Richard Valdmanis BOSTON (Reuters) - A judge denied bail on Friday to a Massachusetts teenager who was arrested on terrorism charges after posting lyrics on his Facebook page suggesting he could do worse than the Boston Marathon bombers. Cameron D'Ambrosio, an 18-year-old aspiring rapper from Methuen, about 30 miles (50 km) north of Boston, was arrested on May 1 after he posted a note on his Facebook page that included the words "a boston bombinb wait till u see the shit I do. ...
- Visa, Mastercard ask U.S. court to declare card fees are lawful Reuters
By Jessica Dye NEW YORK (Reuters) - Visa Inc and MasterCard Inc , opening another front in an eight-year battle over credit card fees paid by retailers, on Friday asked a federal judge to declare that the fees do not violate antitrust law. The lawsuit seeks to give the card companies legal ammunition against some retailers who are trying to opt out a proposed settlement under which they would receive a share of $7.2 billion in cash and fee discounts from the card companies. ...
- Stimulus fears haunt world stocks, dollar recovers Reuters
By Herbert Lash NEW YORK (Reuters) - Global equity markets slipped on Friday over worries the U.S. Federal Reserve may curb a stimulus program that has lifted stocks, while the dollar recovered against the euro after better-than-expected U.S. durable goods data for April. Wall Street pared earlier losses to end near break-even, with the Dow edging into positive territory at the close, reflecting a willingness to keep the equity rally alive. "This has been happening all week. ...
- Molinari flourishes while Donald and McIlroy falter Reuters
By Tony Jimenez VIRGINIA WATER, England (Reuters) - Francesco Molinari flourished while five of his European Ryder Cup team mates fell flat on their faces as the Italian grabbed the lead after the PGA Championship second round on Friday. Luke Donald, the 2011 and 2012 winner, Rory McIlroy, Ian Poulter, Graeme McDowell and Paul Lawrie all missed the halfway cut after struggling in cold, dank conditions at the European Tour's flagship event. ...
- Wall Street posts first weekly loss since mid-April on Fed angst Reuters
By Angela Moon NEW YORK (Reuters) - The S&P 500 declined for a third day on Friday, with the three major U.S. stock indexes posting their first negative week since mid-April on lingering concern that the U.S. central bank may scale back its stimulus measures to support the economy. Still, the indexes closed well off their lows in light volume ahead of the three-day Memorial Day holiday weekend. The Dow ended slightly higher, outperforming the broader market, buoyed by a 4 percent gain in Procter & Gamble . ...
- Obama urges U.S. military to stamp out sexual assault Reuters
By Jeff Mason ANNAPOLIS, Maryland (Reuters) - President Barack Obama urged the future leaders of the U.S. military on Friday to stamp out sexual assault from their ranks, warning that a few individuals could undermine the strongest military in the world. Addressing the graduating class of the U.S. Naval Academy, Obama used his commencement speech to take on a problem that has dogged the Pentagon and the White House in recent weeks. ...
- AirAsia still wants jets after record orders Reuters
By Alan Baldwin MONACO (Reuters) - AirAsia , which smashed order records for Airbus jets to become Asia's largest budget carrier, could buy another 50 planes as it targets aggressive expansion in India, Chief Executive Tony Fernandes said. Discussion of an order for another 50 A320-family jets, worth $5 billion at list prices, comes weeks ahead of the Paris air show and five months after the Malaysian carrier added 100 jets to its order book to lift total purchases to 475 planes. ...
- Actress Amanda Bynes denies bong-throwing charges Reuters
By Chris Francescani NEW YORK (Reuters) - American actress Amanda Bynes appeared in court on Friday and denied charges of possessing marijuana and tossing a bong out of the window of her 36th-floor Manhattan apartment. The former Nickelodeon child star, who appeared in court dressed in gray sweatpants, a long-sleeved black shirt and a disheveled platinum blonde wig, was released on her own recognizance after spending a night in jail after her arrest on Thursday. ...
- Bowyer confirmed as Blackburn boss Reuters
REUTERS - Caretaker manager Gary Bowyer has been rewarded for keeping Blackburn Rovers in the English Championship (second tier) by being giving the job permanently on a one-year rolling contract. "It is a huge honour and a proud moment for me," the 41-year-old said in a statement on Friday. "I have been at the club for nine years, I know the traditions. The foundation of the club was built on hard work and that is what we need to produce. ...
- Yahoo joins growing list of bidders for Hulu: sources Reuters
By Ronald Grover and Greg Roumeliotis LOS ANGELES/NEW YORK (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc has submitted a formal proposal to buy Hulu, joining a growing list of bidders for the video service owned by News Corp and Walt Disney Co , two sources with knowledge of the bid told Reuters on Friday. Yahoo just this week announced a $1.1 billion acquisition of blogging service Tumblr. It now joins rival bidders for Hulu, including Time Warner Cable Inc , DirecTV , former News Corp president Peter Chernin and Guggenheim Digital Media, sources have said. It is unclear how much the Internet company bid. ...
- Bayern target lethal approach against Dortmund Reuters
By Karolos Grohmann LONDON (Reuters) - Bayern Munich are unfazed by the need to be more clinical in attack against Borussia Dortmund on Saturday and avoid another Champions League final defeat having lost the showpiece match twice in the past three years. Midfielder Thomas Mueller, who at 23 will be in his third final after losing in 2010 and 2012, said his team mates were not panicking because experience had taught them the key to winning the all-German final at Wembley. ...
- Gay parade banned in Kiev IANS
Kiev, May 25 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A court in the Ukrainian capital has banned the holding of any non-official public events, including a gay pride (LGBT) parade, Saturday.
- Azerbaijan not to join NATO IANS
Baku, May 25 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Azerbaijan will join neither NATO nor the Russia-led Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO), but is prepared to cooperate with both, a presidential aide said.
- UAE, OIC condemn killing of British soldier IANS
Abu Dhabi, May 25 (IANS/WAM) The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) have strongly condemned the killing of a British soldier in Woolwich, London.
- Air Arabia launches flight to Abha in Saudi Arabia IANS
Sharjah, May 25 (IANS/WAM) Air Arabia, the largest low-cost carrier in the Middle East, has launched a flight to Abha in Saudi Arabia from the airlines' main hub in Sharjah.
- Beyonce creates fashion range for website IANS
Los Angeles, May 25 (IANS) Singer Beyonce Knowles has created her own fashion range named Beyonce Boutique for a fashion rental website.
- Hasselhoff spends $1.95 mn on new home IANS
Los Angeles, May 25 (IANS) Actor David Hasselhoff, 60, has bought himself a new mansion for as much as $1.95 million.
- Pleasure to lead Rajasthan Royals: Rahul Dravid IANS
Kolkata, May 25 (IANS) Despite having gone down to the Mumbai Indians in a nerve-wracking IPL playoff, Rajasthan Royals skipper Rahul Dravid lauded his teammates for splendidly rising up to challenges both on and off the field, and said it has been a "pleasure to lead this team".
- Mumbai stutter past Rajasthan to book IPL final berth IANS
Kolkata, May 25 (IANS) Notwithstanding a blistering Dwayne Smith knock, Mumbai Indians stuttered to a four-wicket victory over Rajasthan Royals in a nail-biting Indian Premier League (IPL) playoff to enter the finals.
- Mumbai Indians pip Royals to reach IPL final IANS
Kolkata, May 25 (IANS) Mumbai Indians overcame middle over hiccups to carve out a thrilling four-wicket win over Rajasthan Royals off the penultimate ball to move into the Indian Premier League final here Friday.
- Gurunath arrested by Mumbai police IANS
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) Mumbai police late Friday night arrested Gurunath Meiyappan, son-in-law of Indian cricket board chief N. Srinivasan, in the IPL spot fixing scam after three hours of intense interrogation, an official said.
- IPL Scoreboard: Mumbai Indians vs Rajasthan Royals IANS
Kolkata, May 25 (IANS) Scoreboard of the Indian Premier League (IPL) match between Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals at the Eden Gardens here Friday.
- Mumbai in IPL final, beat Rajasthan by four wickets IANS
Kolkata, May 25 (IANS) Mumbai Indians qualified for the final of the Indian Premier League (IPL) with a four-wicket win over Rajasthan Royals in the second qualifier at the Eden Gardens here Friday.
- Pressure mounts on Srinivasan to resign, Gurunath arrested IANS
Hyderabad/Mumbai/New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) The clamour for Indian cricket board president Narayanswamy Srinivasan's resignation got louder after his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan, Chennai Super Kings chief executive, Friday was interrogated by Mumbai police in the IPL spot fixing scandal and later arrested.
- Helen Mirren rallies for military charity IANS
London, May 25 (IANS) Veteran actress Helen Mirren has urged people to back a military support charity after a soldier was brutally murdered on London streets.
- Perry strikes romance with agent? IANS
Los Angeles, May 25 (IANS) Singer Katy Perry, who has been single since splitting from John Mayer earlier this year, is said to have struck up a romance with her agent Michael Kives.
- Tainted cop reinstated Hindustan Times
- ECA admissions to be on basis of only certified documents Hindustan Times
- CRPF man drags MLA opposed to Gogoi by hair Hindustan Times
- Family doubts police's theory Hindustan Times
- Modi not there, but the big bash goes on Hindustan Times
- Rashid Irani's review: Fast And Furious 6 Hindustan Times
- Odisha sizzles with season's highest temperature of 47.5 degree Hindustan Times
- Veil of secrecy on CSK abode Hindustan Times
- Woman sarpanch puts husband in the dock Hindustan Times
- More on that impossible Indian Hindustan Times
- Mohali shoots late to cancel Namdhari's gun licence Hindustan Times
- A Life Apart: An Autobiography Hindustan Times
- 36 talking heads to articulate Cong view Hindustan Times
- Scribe roughed up Hindustan Times
- After scandal, players party with some caution Hindustan Times
Follow Us on Facebook
- Obama urges U.S. military to stamp out sexual assault2 hours 12 minutes ago
- Stimulus fears haunt world stocks, dollar recovers1 hour 40 minutes ago
- Canada's DeLaet sets Colonial pace with strong finish4 minutes 39 seconds ago
- Molinari flourishes while Donald and McIlroy falter2 hours 4 minutes ago
- Happy Birthday Ali Zafar!Sat 18 May, 2013
- Boman Irani hurts his knee on the sets of SANTA BANTASat 18 May, 2013
- Sonakshi Sinha takes painting tips from Salman KhanSat 18 May, 2013